This is an artist print 12x16 - ships with a black matting.
5x7 prints, magnets and ornaments share this
|5x7 Prints, Magnets and Ornaments
||12 x16 prints mounted and matted
12x16, 16x20, magnet or ornaments
ALL ORDERS ARE SHIPPED FREE OF CHARGE
Artist: James Geddes
The Highland Hospital was
originally the Lubeck Mansion and was built for D.W Lubeck
and his family whom owned the D.W. Lubeck Dry Goods and
store in Old Auburn. The mansion itself,
built for the Lubeck's in the mid
1890s, rested on a
large 13 acre parcel of land.
the mansion was transformed into the Highland Sanitarium
using its surrounding
splendor to ease the restless
minds of the patients admitted. The mansion was optimal
for recovery at any state and acted as a sort of oasis to
those who came.
The mansion would continue as the
Highland Sanitarium up until the year 1927 when a fire would
challenge the mansions residence and purpose within
Auburn. The remodel and
reconstruction of the Lubeck
Mansion added an entire wing to the premises and along with
came an entirely new name as well as purpose
becoming, The Highland Hospital.
first polio vaccine, known as inactivated poliovirus vaccine
(IPV) or Salk vaccine,
was developed in the early 1950s
by American physician Jonas Salk. This vaccine contains
killed virus and is given by injection. The large-scale use
of IPV began in
February 1954, when it was administered
to American schoolchildren. March of Dimes
incentive program for children to become Polio Pioneers and
act as examples for others.